|Kakugane Serial Number(s)||C (100)|
|Main Color(s)||Silvery-blue and light-brown|
The Silver Skin takes the form of Captain Bravo's trademark outfit, a full silver suit with blue linings complete with a silver hat with blue linings, black trousers and boots and blue gloves each with a white Amalgam symbol.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Metal Jacket Shield: When attacked, the surface of the jacket instantly changes into metal, composed of small hexagonal tiles; it is known to possess the strongest defense power of all known Buso Renkin, and because of it, he uses hand-to-hand combat to complement his fighting. Not only does it completely block physical attacks, it is resistant against ABC (Atomic, Biological, and Chemical) weaponry, it can even block the energy drain of a Black Kakugane user and as seen towards the end of the series can function as a space suit.
Silver Skin Regeneration: The Silver Skin automatically regenerates any damage it has sustained from attacks by reforming itself using the hexagonal tiles.
Silver Skin Reverse: Captain Bravo can launch his Silver Skin at another person allowing them to wear the coat for the purpose of restricting their movements or to protect them from attacks.
- The jacket has no offensive capabilities at all, however Bravo overcomes this by training his body to be the ultimate fighting machine, the metal jacket does also add some more force to his punches.
- In order to trap an opponent with the Silver Skin Reverse it must be launched at them, but can not be precisely controlled, once fired it is more directed than a bullet from a gun and can be intercepted or evaded. Also if he uses this technique the Silver Skin will no longer cover himself, leaving him vulnerable.
- Nobuhiro Watsuki states that he first drawn the design intending it to be the main army's uniform. He was thinking of attaching a metallic Buso Renkin on top of it but left it as it was and it became an impromptu metal jacket Buso Renkin.
- The motif of the design came from the main character's costume in the film, "Le pacte des loups," which was used for protection.
- The name Silver Skin, was originally intended for the armor of Armor Baron who appeared in Watsuki's earlier work Gun Blaze West, but felt that it was a shame to use the name in a work that was finishing and so saved it for Buso Renkin.